Having chubby cheeks is not a condition per se’, however, a variety of people have them. These varieties of people are babies and small children. Those who have chubby cheeks as adults are self-conscious because it denotes a weight gain. However, it is common that a person who suffers other conditions such as liver issues can have a very thin physique and have chubby cheeks. Depending on the cause, there are many ways to combat this situation.
How to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks with Facial Exercises
1. Losing Chubby Cheeks
Exercise One: This one is sort of like making a fish face with the exception that you will be sucking in one check at a time and not both.
- Purse your lips like you are going to give a kiss.
- Suck in one cheek and hold it a minute.
- Suck in the other cheek and hold it a minute
- You can repeat for a total of 8 times for optimal results.
Exercise Two: This is one that engages the whole face for in a targeted exercise for optimal toning.
- Take a deep breath through the mouth, filling it with air.
- Push air to the left cheek and hold a minute.
- Push air to the right cheek and hold a minute.
- Push air to the upper lip just below the nose and hold.
- Push air to the chin just below the lower lip and hold.
- You may repeat this 8 times a day for optimal results.
Exercise Three: This is a great one for toning the cheeks and muscles around the cheek bones.
- Make a pouty face as hard as you can until you feel a marked strain on the cheek muscles and a stretch in the skin.
- Then release a minute.
- Repeat as many times a day as you wish.
Exercise Four: This one may make you look a bit crazy but it works.
- Start with mouth closed and then begin to form a wide smile.
- Begin to lead your muscles up toward your eye area.
- Bring your mouth down into an O shape.
- Start again and repeat 5-8 times a day.
Exercise Five: You will need a mirror for this one.
- Stand at the mirror and smile as you did in exercise three.
- Wrinkle your nose as tight as you can.
- Hold this position for 8 seconds for optimal results.
- Repeat this exercise up to 8 times.
- Repeat up to 10 times.
2. Overall Facial Toning
Looking for more ways on how to get rid of chubby cheeks? To complement the exercises that are listed you can do these toning exercises that target a section of your face at a time.
- Sit and relax.
- Push your jaw out as far as it will go comfortably.
- Pull back in and repeat as many times as comfortable.
- Sit in a chair.
- Tilt head back gently toward the ceiling.
- Stick tongue out toward the tip of your nose.
- Hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
The Chin or (Double Chin):
- Sit in a chair.
- Tilt head toward ceiling.
- Say the word ‘maa’.
- Repeat as many times is as comfortable.
Crow’s feet are the number one complaint about the eye area.
- Place two fingers of both hands on the far corner of the eyes.
- Pull upward to stretch the skin toward hair line.
- Hold and shut eyes tight.
- Repeat up to as many times per day as comfortable.
- Make a deliberate frown.
- Pull eyebrows as close together as possible.
- Reverse the action and lift eyebrows as far as possible.
- Repeat as comfortable several times per day.
- Tilt head back and sit up straight
- Take your lower lip an position it over the top lip as far as it will go
- Repeat as necessary
There are quite a few more options for how to get rid of chubby cheeks. You can do the aforementioned exercise which will serve to tone and strengthen muscles around the face as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well.
Other Options to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks
1. Weight Loss
Sometimes the chubby cheeks situation comes from the fact that we have gained weight. Diet and exercise can certainly help here if the chubby cheeks stem from weight gain.
2. Facial Massage
Massage of any kind is a healthy thing to engage in. It assists the toning of muscle and will disperse toxins in the skin that may cause puffiness and swelling which will contribute to chubby cheeks.
This is a popular option that shows no signs of slowing down. There are facial surgery options available that are now even invasive options. The healing time is faster and you are out the same day within hours of the surgery.