It is difficult to decide which of the commercial products can succeed to produce the intended results they promise. Instead, it is better to look for something natural such as eggs to take care of your hair. Many people find eggs pretty useful as conditioning agents, which are rich in various nutrients. Eggs can be helpful for your hair no matter whether they are used alone or as part of a mixture.
Benefits of Egg for Hair
Eggs are rich in vitamins A, D and E in addition to proteins, fatty acids and sulfur. These nutrients make eggs a very potent treatment for all your hair woes. Moreover, they make it a natural hair conditioner too. The health benefits that eggs might have on your hair are:
- Lack of moisture is the reason why hair becomes dry. Applying egg on such hair can provide it the moisture it is lacking. The moisturization properties of eggs thus make the hair smooth and soft as if they were new.
- Prevention of hair breakage and repairing the damage sustained by them is also made possible by the nutrients present in eggs.
- Using eggs on hair can return their natural luster and shine with the help of the fatty acids they contain. People having hair that is hard to manage can be made a lot more manageable with the use of eggs.
- The loss of hair problems are taken care of by the vitamins A and E present in eggs. Besides, egg yolk which is rich in protein makes the hair follicles as well as the roots of hair strong so that they do not fall off easily.
- To help speed up the growth of hair, the vitamin B12 and sulfur present in egg yolk can prove to be very useful. It can make your hair thicker and increase its volume by a considerable amount.
How to Use Egg for Hair
The hair follicles require high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by raw eggs. Nutrients are among the other things that raw eggs have in abundance. It is these nutrients which make the hair shinier and improve their texture. On their own, raw eggs can prove to be a quite capable conditioner but there are other recipes of homemade conditioners available as well that make use of eggs along with other ingredients.
1. Repair Hair Damage
- Mix half a cup of honey with one to two tablespoons of egg yolk and olive oil. After making a mixture of these ingredients apply it on your hair for about 20 minutes and then wash using warm water. Using this mixture on your hair will reinforce the keratin protein bonds in your hair.
- Usually using simple egg yolk would be enough for conditioning the hair, however, if you want to make it more potent, then you can add an avocado to it and make a fine paste. Now use this paste on both your hair and your scalp and leave it for a period of 15 minutes after which you can rinse it with cold water.
2. Reduce Hair Loss
- People facing hair loss issues will find egg yolk their natural ally. Applying egg yolk on the hair and scalp can help in decreasing hair loss. To get even better results, take an egg yolk and beat it until it becomes creamy. Now apply this creamy solution on your hair and scalp for a period of about 30 minutes and then wash it off using cold water. Using this treatment weekly can reduce your hair loss problems to a great extent.
- Add a cup of yogurt, lime juice and honey in to a bowl containing two egg yolks. Mixing all these ingredients will result in a paste that has a frothy appearance. Apply this frothy paste on your hair just like a conditioner and leave it for a period of 10 to 20 minutes after which wash it off using water. If you want to intensify the treatment then make use of a heat cap while having the conditioner on.
3. Moisturize Dry Hair
- If you want to moisturize your hair naturally then add up a tablespoon of honey and yogurt into half a teaspoon of almond oil and an egg yolk. Combining all of these ingredients will make a paste which you can apply it easily on your hair and leave it there for a period of one and a half hour. After this time period, wash your hair, you will find it much smoother and fully moisturized.
- Using a combination of linseed oil and egg yolk can prove to be the best treatment for dry hair. Mix two egg yolks with two teaspoons of linseed oil and whisk it until the mixture becomes easy to apply on hair. When using this mixture, make sure that you apply it on damp hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Dryness of hair can be combated using egg white as well. Combine a cup of skimmed milk with egg white and then apply it on your scalp as well as on your hair. Keep the mixture on for half an hour and then use shampoo in a normal manner.
4. Add Shine to Hair
- Dull and dry hair can become shiny with the use of egg yolks. For a better solution mixing egg yolk with yogurt that is plain and does not contain any sugar in it is a good option. This paste should be applied on the hair and left there for about half an hour. Rinse the hair with water and your hair will become a lot shinier.
- Using egg yolks with white wine vinegar present in it can make the hair shiny. To make this mixture in the right manner, you should combine a small amount of white wine vinegar with two egg yolks. Now beat this mixture until it becomes consistent enough and then apply it on your hair. Use cold water to rinse the hair afterwards.
- Avoid using hot water when rinsing the hair after applying egg on it. This is important because usage of hot water might cook the eggs and harden them which will make it extremely difficult for you to get it out of your hair.
- There is no scientific proof that eggs can increase the growth of hair while people still have found eggs to be excellent for making their hair thicker and a lot stronger than before. Some have even found it great for increasing the volume of their hair as well.